Here's the link for the download:
What Does the Updated Quiescing GDR Fix?
· TFS SP1 and Hotfixes fails to install on a SQL Clustered Data Tier.
· TFS SP1 and Hotfixes may fail to install due to issues connecting to the TFS databases.
· TFS Databases may be left in Single-User mode after SP1 or Hotfix installation failure.
What Doesn’t the Updated Quiescing GDR Fix?
· Some users may find that IIS does not always have the access restriction removed when a servicing operation completes. Users will get an Http 403 forbidden error with browsers or a TF2101 message from Team Explorer if this happens. To remove the access restriction:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer and then click Manage.
3. Expand the Services and Applications node.
4. Expand the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager node.
5. Right-click Web Sites and then click Properties.
6. In the Web Sites Properties window, select the Directory Security tab.
7. Under IP address and domain name restrictions, click Edit.
8. In the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions window, click Granted access, and then click OK.
9. Click OK.
· There are a variety of ways to change the configuration of TFS. When following the guidance provided by Microsoft to perform these configuration changes it is very important that all of the steps be followed. It is possible to change the configure of the system so that it runs but still have it fail during servicing operations. The single best way to determine the cause of an installation failure is the MSI log file which is created by default in the %TEMP% folder for the account running the patch. The files are pretty verbose but the cause of the error is usually there. Try searching for the text "return value 3" and then scan up a few lines for the root cause.
Where/When/How Should I Install the Updated Quiescing GDR?
· We recommend that this updated GDR be installed before performing the next servicing operation on one of the server tiers. The update only needs to be applied once. Servicing operations include:
· SP1 Install/Uninstall
· Hotfix Install/Uninstall
· The GDR should be installed on any installation of the TFS 2005 ATDT (Single-Server), AT (Dual-Server Application Tier), DT (Dual-Server Data Tier) and ATP (Proxy) SKU's.
· The update can be installed on both RTM and SP1.
· You do not need to uninstall the version 1 GDR first. Both v1 and v2 can be installed without problems.
· Once v2 is installed you cannot uninstall it or v1. This prevents some bad behavior that is caused when both GDR's have been installed and one is uninstalled.
How Can I Tell If the Updated Quiescing GDR Is Installed?
· If You have SP1 installed:
· It can be difficult to tell which version you have installed because SP1 will hide the “Update” entry in “Add/Remove Programs”. When in doubt just re-install the updated GDR.
· To tell definitively you can look at the file version of the TfsQueisce.exe file located in the TFSetup folder which is under the installation folder. If it is 50727.780 it is v1, if it is 50727.886 it is v2.
· If SP1 is not installed:
· Open “Add/Remove Programs” and check the “Show Updates” box.
· Both of the GDR's look identical in Add/Remove Programs. The text for it is: Feature Pack for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server (services) - ENU (KB919156)
· If the both v1 and v2 of the GDR are installed both will show up in Add/Remove Programs.
· If you select a GDR entry in Add/Remove Programs it will expand and a hyperlink will be displayed. Click the hyperlink and the version (either 1 or 2 ) will be shown in the dialog.