In this version, the most interesting feature is the ability of specifying the location of external startup tasks without the need of rebuilding the cloud service packages. This functionality was best described in a previous post called “Configuring external startup tasks on an Azure cloud service”.
In the next days I will be posting some examples of startup tasks, like automating the installation of NewRelic or MS Application Insights agents, modifying IIS performance settings, etc.
- All packages have been rebuilt for OS Family 4: Windows Server 2012 R2 and IIS 8.5 are now the defaults
- Added external startup tasks support. Check this post for more info http://davidjrh.intelequia.com/2013/11/configuring-external-startup-tasks-on.html
- Added plugins support, to add external "post start" customization without the need of rebuilding the cloud service. Examples coming soon.
- Fixed an issue on the web role startup, causing an cycling error on deployments using the latest Guest OS agent releases (the symbolic link was not being correctly deleted from the temporal storage)
- Added "Generate security audits" local security policy for the DNN appPool (needed by WCF services)
- Changed defualt VHD size to 32GB on the wizard
- Fixed the password verification on the wizard UI to allow passwords longer than 16 chars
Un saludo & Happy Coding!