Hoy en cosas interesantes: El verdadero video anuncio de Mac, Ventas de SoftGrid, Retraso del SP3 de SMS, DPM v2 Roadmap, El futuro de SCCM 2007, Videos del primer dia del MMS, Release Notes del SP1 de Exchange 2007, ISA Server y el SP2 De Windows, Nueva «compra de licencia» Smarts y Microsoft.
El verdadero video anuncio de Mac.
Ventas de SoftGrid.
Las ventas de Softgrid de este año han superado ya a las del producto en toda su historia.
Retraso del SP3 de SMS.
Se retrasa dos o tres semanas el SP3 de SMS .
DPM v2 Roadmap.
Beta 2 in April
RC in summer
RTM after summer
GA in Fall
El futuro de SCCM 2007.
SCCM 2007 (SMS) SP1
- Changes to support Vista SP 1 and LHS
- Key CCS reported bugs and CDCR’s
SCCM 2007 (SMS) R2:
- OS Deployment update
- Multicast with LH server, unknown machine
- Enterprise Scale application virtualisation (Softgrid)
Videos del primer dia del MMS.
|Models and the future of IT. |
A key aspect of the Dynamic Systems Initiative is modeling—the ability to embed into software the knowledge that typically resides in the minds of IT workers. In this video, you walk through a real-world scenario of how models expand what IT can do with software to ease management and deployment of applications. Watch video .
|Infrastructure Optimization: The blueprint for value in DSI. |
As Microsoft moves forward with the Dynamic Systems Initiative, the question arises: where is the value for customers today? The answer is found in the company’s Infrastructure Optimization model, which is helping customers get more out of their IT investments—while changing Microsoft’s dialogue with customers. Watch video .
|DSI Defined: the vision behind Microsoft’s Dynamic Systems Initiative. |
Four years after unveiling DSI, Microsoft is delivering on a series of important milestones in its 10-year quest to redefine IT. In this video, you’ll hear from the people who are helping to make DSI a reality and what it means for customers today. Watch video .
|System Center: Announcing the availability of Systems Center Operations Manager 2007. |
Customer feedback from the trenches of IT management served as the foundation for new capabilities in Systems Center Operations Manager 2007. Learn more about what is wowing early adopters and the broader vision for Microsoft’s expanding management portfolio. Watch video .
Release Notes del SP1 de Exchange 2007.
Parece que la beta la tendremos en uno o dos meses, pero ya podemos ver las release notes.
Algunas mejoras en OWA y en UM y tambien lo mas interesante para mi, poder tener servidores en standby.
ISA Server y el SP2 De Windows.
1. If you run ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition with or without the ISA Server SP2, you must install ADAM SP1 on the ISA Server Configuration Storage Server prior to installing the Windows Server 2003 SP2. ADAM SP1 can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9688F8B9-1034-4EF6-A3E5-2A2A57B5C8E4&displaylang=en.
If you install Windows Server 2003 SP2 without first installing the ADAM SP1, ISA Server will not start after the installation, and you will have to uninstall Windows Server 2003 SP2. Further information is available in the Windows Server 2003 SP2 release notes, at http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/ed5382af-e819-4d33-ace0-225d31b7ab751033.mspx?mfr=true .
2. If you run ISA Server 2000, 2004 or 2006 Standard or Enterprise editions on a multi-core / multi-processor 32-bit computer, and the CPU is heavily utilized, you might experience performance degradation in certain deployment scenarios after installing Windows Server 2003 SP2. The issue stems from a change in interrupt handling introduced in SP2.
To correct the issue you must download and run the Interrupt Affinity Tool (intfiltr) available in Windows Server 2003 resource kit (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en).
You can read about installation and usage of intfiltr.exe in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252867.
3. If your network adaptors (NICs) support receive-side scaling (RSS), then in certain NAT scenarios ISA Server 2000, 2004 or 2006 Standard or Enterprise editions might not transfer packets from one NIC to the other after installation of Windows Server 2003 SP2.
To correct the issue you must disable RSS support - follow the instructions in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;927695.
Nueva «compra de licencia» Smarts y Microsoft.
Key to the announcement, Microsoft is licensing EMC® Smarts® network discovery and health monitoring technology to be included in a future version of Microsoft® System Center Operations Manager, the company’s award-winning solution for end-to-end service monitoring in the enterprise IT environment. Additionally, EMC is also developing value-added network management and root-cause analysis management packs to be used in conjunction with both current and future versions of System Center Operations Manager.
Delivering against the initial phase of this agreement, EMC today is announcing the EMC Smarts Connector for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007. This two-way connector enables Smarts to share network discovery, topology and root-cause events with Operations Manager and for Operations Manager to synchronize alert status and resolution back to EMC Smarts technology — thus allowing customers to leverage the benefits of a closely integrated network and systems management suite for service availability today. The connector will be generally available in May 2007.
Mas en: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/mar07/03-27EMCPR.mspx